Buncheong flat round bowl by Lee Jae-Won
In Lee Jae-Won's black-and-white series, white focuses on the color that comes from the coating of the engobe and the natural texture of the surface rather than the free and abstract expression of the Buncheong Dumbung-Gwiyal technique. The thin film repeatedly stacked with an engobe must exceed a certain thickness to show its original color. Remembering that boundary by hand is a daily task.
Materials & Size(cm)
Ø 20.3 xH 4
Precautions for use
- Since artisans make them one by one manually, even the same product can cause differences in color, pattern, shape, size, etc..
- Ovens, microwave ovens, or IH cooking heaters are not available.
- After use, wash one by one carefully with a soft sponge without using a dishwasher or dryer. Also, do not use iron scrubbers or abrasives because the surface may get damaged.
- After washing, dry it sufficiently, and be careful not to touch other things because they may absorb or crack due to differences in intensity when storing.
- Do not tap or rub with objects such as spoons.
- If there is a crack or wound, do not use it because it may be dangerous when used.